Sunday, May 4

We Love Boris

I found this on Facebook: Boris manifesto watch: The wishy washy unmesurables.
"The irony! Our predecessors fought and died for democracy, and now that we can choose who leads us, we do it as if it were a personality contest or reality television show."
Rayyan Mirza
I talked to pigeon about this a few months ago, I wanted to try and get a random person to run for student president. We would litter the town with their face. Get the out at every BIG event in town to promote themselves and see if they win.
I say themselves because, the idea is that they will have no policies or anything other than empty promises on how to make Aberystwyth a better place.
I guessed that they would win the election.
I believe that we only vote for faces that we see the most.
I would love to do this social experiment. I am just far to busy not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=16137761282&topic=4321

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quote! I must add that what I said was partly sarcastic - although it has been vindicated in the succeeding months by the shambles of Johnson's administration and his resigning advisors - as Johnson had a narrow majority over Ken in an election where there was less than half turnout. So in truth, only a relatively small number of people actually voted Johnson in.

But the sentiment of my original statement stands - the majority of people fall into the category of either not voting or not considering the seriousness of the task at hand when they do vote. People themselves will admit this - and I for one do not blame them, when the current crop of Westminster politicians are failing to do anything for them.

Nice blog. R

The Iguana said...

thanks for your comment... its taken months to notice it :)